Be Sure to Click on OLDER POSTS at the bottom of the page to see more! Enjoy!

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Skull and Crossbones

Love this one but it did give me a few gray hairs! I decided to try a new cream cheese icing recipe which is OH SO YUMMY!! For some reason it didn't "crust" so when I started applying the fondant decorations they all just started sliding down the cake. I had just baked, frosted and decorated 3 dozen cupcakes and it was going on 9pm.. so my options were limited. Make new buttercream, and fondant would have required a trip to the store so that was out of the question. So life gave me lemons, all I could do was try and make lemonade and all was good until...The delivery ride. UGH. The first acceleration and things started sliding. It could've ended alot worse for sure but I still feel awful giving a cake that obviously has a few flaws. Anywho.. Brett the birthday boy loved it and it would've looked better had I been able to decorate more. Excuses, Excuses.. I t was a learning experience and what I learned is.. If it's not broke  Don't fix it!! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment